Alachua County Commission’s Jan. 25 regular meeting includes discussion on COVID-19
Alachua County Press Release
The Alachua County Commission will hold a regular meeting on Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at the Alachua County Administration Building (12 SE 1st Street, Gainesville). The day meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. The evening meeting begins at 5:00 p.m. The day includes a discussion on COVID-19.
The Commission will collect public comments in person or by calling 1-800-741-8011. Masks are mandatory regardless of vaccination status. The public can view the meeting on Cox Channel 12 and the County’s Video on demand website.
Daytime points of interest:
- Florida Sports Foundation – Senior Games Awards
- Approval of a proclamation declaring February 2, 2022 “World Wetlands Day 2022” in Alachua County, Florida
- Approval of a proclamation declaring January 23-29, 2022 as “National CRNA Week” in Alachua County, Florida
- Debate on COVID-19
- Select Artist for Fire Station 33 Stained Glass Art
- Seek Approval from Other Wilderness Public Spaces for Cuscowilla Nature and Retreat Center Improvements
- Downtown Administration Unsolicited Proposal and Request for Proposals (RFP)
- East Side Emergency Care – Condition Sheet
- Transportation Priorities for Alachua County’s Fiscal Year 2022
- CPA-05-21 Public hearing to consider adopting an ordinance adding recreational land use policies to the future land use component of the Alachua County Comprehensive Plan. (Legislative)
- CPA 06-21: Alachua County Comprehensive Plan Amendment Proposal to Add a Property Rights Element to the Plan (Legislative; 15 minutes)
- Public hearing to review the ordinance revising the county’s emergency code
- Public hearing to consider an ordinance amending Chapter 35 of the county code regarding the Municipal Law Enforcement Services Taxing Unit (MSTU); add the town of Waldo and remove the town of Newberry
- Public Hearing to Amend Alachua County’s FY22 Budget
- Continuation of BoCC meeting 12/14/21 for ZOX-03-21: Special Exception Request from Duke Energy for a Major Utility to Permit a Telecommunications Installation at an Existing Substation.