Effingham County Council will meet on Monday
Effingham, IL-(Radio Effingham)- Effingham County Council is due to meet on Monday, October 17 at 4:00 p.m.
The following items are on the agenda:
- roll call, commitment, prayer
- Agenda Considerations
- Recognize people who wish to speak on items on the agenda or off the agenda
- Tenders open for the construction of a concrete yard and stormwater drainage
- Tenders open to demolish and remove the old gazebo and build a new gazebo
- Consent to items on the agenda
- Approve the minutes
- Accept monthly reports from officers
- Approve Invoices – County Council Per Diem and Expenses
- Approve the use of first floor meeting rooms in the County Building for Christmas in Hometown on December 3, 2022.
- Resolution of the Safe-T law
- Effingham County Employee Handbook Amendment
- Overdue Property Resolution – # 08-72-007-007
- Resolution – Incidental Insurance Sales and Promotions
- Quotation request for audit services
- Approve the disbursement of $100,000 of ARPA funds earmarked for child care research in the Village of Dieterich for the Wright Family Center Daycare
- Approve the disbursement of $100,000 of ARPA funds earmarked for child care research to launch the Stabilization Grant for Child Care Providers in Effingham County.
- Approve the proposed FY23 budget for a 30-day port call
- Approve Proposed Tax Truth Hearing for Tax Levy November 7, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
- Approve $24,328.42 in ARPA funds for the Effingham County Coroner for cameras, radios, computers, etc. • Approve $141,471 ARPA Fund for Government Center Cooling Towers
- Highway: transfer of jurisdiction from Trapp Prairie Road (County Highway 20); Jurisdiction Transfer Agreement with Union Road District; Skill transfer agreement with Lucas Road District; Order for removal of County Road 20; Approve Plat for the Devore subdivision; Engineering agreement with Milano & Grunloh Engineers for Moccasin Road; Local Public Agency Engineering Services Agreement (Section Number 21-00100-00-PV)
- Resolution – First Amendment to the Effingham Enterprise Area Intergovernmental Agreement and Amendment to Ordinance No. 71-2016 Amending Local Incentives and Property Tax Abatements for the Effingham Enterprise Area / Effingham County
- Awarding Request for Proposal (RFP) for Commercial Rooftop for Effingham County Office Building without Committee Recommendation
- Approve $15,000 from ARPA funds to SAFE for Outreach Director/Therapist funding without committee recommendation
- Approve the allocation of up to $50,000 of ARPA funds to Heartland Human Services for retention and recruitment funding without committee recommendation
- Approving $10,000 of ARPA funds to Council 708 to fund a One Hope United program in schools through Heartland Social Services without committee recommendation
- Approve allocation of $495,600 from ARPA funds for one month to county fire departments for communications equipment without committee recommendation
- Approve allocation of $345,000 of ARPA funds to CSS for bus purchase and operating costs until reviewed by the Tax and Finance Committee without committee recommendation
- Ordinance amending county budget creating line under dive rescue service for building maintenance without committee recommendation
- Disband the ARPA Committee without committee recommendation
- Reports from elected officials
- Committee reports
- Closed session
The meeting is to be held in the Board Room on the third floor of the Effingham County Building.