Job: Talent Acquisition Specialist at the OPEC Fund for International Development
- The Talent Acquisition Specialist manages the recruitment process and the execution of a large part of the activities of attracting, sourcing, selecting and hiring the best talents of the institution; in line with existing HR strategy and policies and OPEC Fund objectives, to ensure that the OPEC Fund meets operational requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs the analysis of business needs and the evolution of the labor market.
- Coordinates with departments to identify staffing needs and selection criteria.
- Review job descriptions in conjunction with the recruiting team and manage the interview process.
- Uses standardized screening techniques to assess the skills, qualifications and experience of potential candidates.
- Works closely with management on diversity initiatives involving recruitment to ensure fairness in hiring practices.
- Focuses on employer branding to ensure the OPEC Fund is seen as an employer of choice.
- Ensures a good integration of new recruits and performs the necessary administrative work quickly and accurately.
Pipeline of candidates:
- Uses various methods to recruit and network with potential candidates, including social media platforms, networking events and job fairs.
- Research potential candidates through online channels (i.e. professional networks and social platforms).
- Monitors and reviews quarterly and annual hiring requirements by department.
Stakeholder management and engagement:
- Fosters long-term relationships with past candidates and conducts screening calls, assessments and in-person interviews with potential candidates.
- Coordinates with stakeholders to integrate all metrics into all talent acquisition systems.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Director of Human Resources and the Manager, Talent Acquisition and Business Partnerships.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration/Human Resource Management or related studies is required.
- Relevant professional experience of at least 7 years is required. Experience in an international development institution is preferred (2 to 3 years).
- Fluent English. A good working knowledge of Arabic, German, Spanish or French is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Talent Market Intelligence, modern technology and sourcing methods.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the full cycle of talent acquisition and the assessment of candidates’ knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Demonstrable skills in cultivating and maintaining relationships across jobs, industries, personality types as well as with internal and external stakeholders such as recruiting firms.
- Ability to work in an international environment, with sensitivity and respect for diverse cultural backgrounds.
Click here to apply