San Diego County COVID-19 Update – 6-3-2021 | New
Here is today’s COVID-19 update from the County Health and Human Services Agency with data through June 2.
Progress of vaccination:
- Doses delivered: Almost 4.15 million.
- Doses Administered: Over 3.71 million.
- Has received at least one injection: nearly 2 million or 71.1% of San Diego ages 12 and over.
- Fully vaccinated: Over 1.56 million or 55.7%.
- The goal: to vaccinate completely 75% of San Diego County residents aged 12 and over or 2,101,936 people.
- To date, 94.8% of the target population has received at least one vaccine and 74.3% are fully immunized.
- More information about vaccination can be found coronavirus-sd.com/vaccin.
- The adjusted case rate calculated by the state of San Diego County is currently 1.7 cases per 100,000 population, putting the county in the yellow level for a week.
- The county must have two weeks with a case rate of less than two cases per 100,000 population to fully transition to the yellow level.
- The percentage of positive tests is 1.3% and the county is in the yellow level.
- The measure of health equity is 1.5%, placing the county in the yellow level.
- CDPH assesses counties weekly. The next report is scheduled for Tuesday, June 8.
- No new community outbreaks were confirmed on June 2.
- In the past seven days (May 27 to June 2), 10 community outbreaks have been confirmed.
- The trigger for community epidemics is greater than seven in a 7-day period.
- 13,323 tests were reported to the county on June 2 and the percentage of new positive cases was 0.6%.
- The 14-day moving average percentage of positive cases is 0.7%. The target is less than 8.0%.
- The daily 7-day test average is 8,665.
Cases, hospitalizations and admissions to intensive care:
- 83 cases of COVID-19 were reported to the county on June 2. The region’s total is now 280,429.
- 15,412 or 5.5% of all cases required hospitalization.
- 1707 or 0.6% of all cases and 11.1% of hospitalized cases required admission to an intensive care unit.
- A new death was reported on June 2. The region’s total is 3,761.
- A man in his 60s with underlying health issues died on May 29.
The more detailed data summaries found on the County coronavirus-sd.com website are updated daily around 5 p.m.